Thread: The Freeloaders
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #30
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBird View Post
I want to clarify that I run Linux and use the GIMP and OpenOffice for home use, but I am not blinded to the fact that these are hobby quality programs. If I need professional output in the least amount of time, I use Microsoft products because of interoperability.
[emp mine]

I use MS Office daily, both at work and at home, but also have to use Open Office when receiving files from some of our overseas offices who don't have MSO. And I have to say, OO is NOTHING like MSO. The capabilities simply aren't there. I regularly use MSO to cut down on the time it takes me to analyze something, which usually involves making a table, feeding the data into a pivot table and feeding that into a pivot chart in Excel 2007. Try to recreate something like that in OO. It's unpossible! I'm more than willing to pay for these capabilities, and so is my employer.