View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #12
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
Calibre (free, open source software) will allow you to convert between most ebook formats, and you can convert an entire document to, e.g., rtf or plain text and open it in your Word Processor -- not to mention that its own ebook reader will allow you to copy and paste text.

That's all assuming there's no DRM.

http://calibre-ebook.com/

That's just one example. Depending on what formats these files are in, I might suggest others.
My apologies, I am not explaining this very well. Grateful again for your reply.

Calibre is great, but it does not read Sony DRM books. There may be ways of stripping the DRM from them, but not sure that is legal.

But my point is, if you want to read a book or an article on a Sony reader e.g. the PRS 600 or 900, highlight text , there is no way to be able to clip that highlight from the book or article to put into Word.

You can sync the reader (handheld) to the desktop version, but then you cannot get it out from the sony desktop reader into word unless you clip using a screen capture e.g. Snagit. I do not believe that you can sync a book on a prs 600/900 with all of its highlights, with Calibre and then take out all highlighted passages to a word doc.

This has been my insurmountable dilemma. Hence the Kindle 2.

Hope that this explains. Thanks for your comments.

Hal.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote