View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #3
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
PDFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
Both the PDF and the screenshot look terrible to me. (Even In other PDF viewers.)

Exactly how are you creating these with OpenOffice? It looks like, even in the PDF, the text has been changed to a rasterized/pixelated image, and is not true text. This is not normally how Open Office would work when exporting from writer to PDF. Are you doing something funny to make this the case?

Do you know what is creating the torn page look at the bottom? Was that deliberate?

Can you upload the open office source document for this? (The odt file, or whatever.)
Many thanks for the reply. The original .rft file loaded into OpenOffice contains clips of text using Snagit. So you are correct, these are basically pictures. I will upload the file now [only upload part of it as it was almost 6mb originally] . So I agree it is not true text. This is the way these rft's are assembled from various other sources. The torn page is also a feature of Snagit that you can ask it to create. Nice for creating an effect.

I am exporting topdf from Open Office 3.1, and am setting the qality to 100%. As I say, looks great in pdf, but then there is something about Sony Reader Desktop that destroys the quality. I would have thought that Sony Reader could not have changed anything in a pdf file.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Hal.
Attached Files
File Type: rtf Doc1rft2.rtf (814.7 KB, 312 views)
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote