Thread: Seriousness When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 09:29 AM   #63
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Don't you think that is rather the situation with the recent "Miss USA", thing, where a woman was asked her personal opinion about the rights of gay marriage? She said that she personally had been brought up to think that it was wrong, and yet people were offended by it. For goodness sake - I hold the opposite view myself, but the woman is entitled to hold a contrary viewpoint, and nobody should have been "offended" by that.
I thiink that was a "loaded" question and shouldn't have even been asked in that kind of setting. No matter WHAT her point of view or what she said on the subject, she loses. SOMEONE would have been offended. I think a beauty pageant is a very inappropriate venue to mix with politics or religion. It has no place there. And the judges should refrain from asking questions that have tones of either subject. These 2 posts (about Miss USA) are only a bit . They're not about jokes, but they are about "bad taste." Just my take.