View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #16
Marcs1102
Marcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMarcs1102 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: none
actually, i found a quicker easier way... i have several digital libs on my network, and don't want to copy those big files into calibre.... when viewing the file over the network (with file explorer) just right click menu ... create shortcut, and then drag/drop the shortcut onto my calibre page (it adds the file as a LNK), and only copies the small shortcut file to the calibre library, instead of the big whole enchilada file

whole point of the zab/zbk file type is i have the vlc media player as the default player for those file types, and can use it both inside and outside of calibre

just as a test before i wrote this, i created a shortcut for one of my video files (big 256 meg .avi played with vlc player)... added just fine, click on the item, and it plays the .avi off the network) just fine (was gonna make sure it worked with .flv but i don't have any)

still doesn't work the old documented way, but found a newer easier way to do it, so it's sort of immaterial..... why use the older way?
Marcs1102 is offline   Reply With Quote