View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #39
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardancalibre View Post
Hello everybody. I've just unwrapped my kobo glo. I had a kindle 3 but it died for screen breaking. First thing I've noticed: you can't add bookmarks. Am I right or is it just that I still haven't managed to find them?
second thing: search function inside the book. Let's say I want to go to a certain page, but I don't know the location, I just know a word, or a phrase. I use the search function, find the word I'm looking for, but when i try to go there it doesn't go exactly there. why's that?
3: how can I fetch my annotations and my higlights? I mean when I plug the device to my computer? is there a file? How can I read it?
4: my kindle battery lasted a month (give or take) and I read more than 2 hours a day (more or less). How long does the kobo battery last?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion
1 - to bookmark you just tap in the top right corner of the page and it will "dog ear" it (looks like you bent over the corner of the page). To get back to it tap the middle bottom and you can find them under annotations.

2 - as long as you are using show on page it should get you to the proper page, but there is currently a bug in some epubs that mean it isn't going to the proper page when reopening a book. Wonder if this is related.

3 - no direct easy way to do this, but if do a search you'll find some work arounds.

4 - battery life might be slightly shorter, but should get you a good long time.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote