View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #13
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Why don't people read the original post? The OP doesn't want a tablet.
The thing is, a lot of us have been there, done that with e-ink for academic work, and found it doesn't really do the job. When I first started looking for something to manage my pdfs for research, I also wanted e-ink, without realising how much that would deprive me of functionality.

If the OP has a full understanding of the differences in functionality between e-ink and tablets with regard to academic work and s/he still wants e-ink, that's one thing. But if s/he doesn't, I think it's good that posters point it out so s/he can make an informed choice. IMO, e-ink devices aren't made to support serious research work, but YMMV.

Last edited by jojoba; 10-20-2012 at 01:32 PM.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote