View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #12
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
That's not a good idea for a publisher, because Amazon has been known to occasionally reject .mobi files generated by Calibre.
Yeeeees. I mentioned this on the KDP forums today, and had one of the (uploaded Word files until he discovered Calibre) old-timers tell me I was unequivocally WRONG about this, as he had emailed Kovid, who replied (today, apparently?):

Quote:
As far as I know, calibre generated MOBI files are still compatible with KDP.

Kovid
Thus, of course, whatever I said was, naturally WRONG WRONG WRONG, never mind that I'd checked the information with my Tech. Acct. Rep at Amazon when it was first reported back in June, having anticipated when I first saw this arise that we'd see this cropping up on the KDP fora PDQ. So I finally gave up telling people. If they want to ignore the reports, hey...I tried.

I can only assume that Kovid is making the distinction between the K7 formats and the K8, because the K7-type files, I have read, seem to be working, but anything with K8 formatting seem to be what's getting rejected. {shrug}. It's a perfectly legitimate distinction, but of course, over on the KDP forums, that distinction wouldn't be understood.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote