View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Are you sure?? I have poetry sections that have increased left margins and positive indents all over the place. I'll guess I'll have to unpack one of those mobi's to see how it's being achieved.
I'm only 80% sure. It's been a while since I last tried anything with mobipocket. For poetry, I used the "trick" of having a <P> for each line, so it looks like margins plus indents:

Code:
<P WIDTH="2em">"You are old, Father William," the young man said,</P>
<P WIDTH="4em" HEIGHT="0em">"And your hair has become very white;</P>
<P WIDTH="2em" HEIGHT="0em">And yet you incessantly stand on your head--</P>
<P WIDTH="4em" HEIGHT="0em">Do you think, at your age, it is right?"</P>
That gives a 2em margin, with further 2em indents in the 2nd and 4th lines.

Positive indents can also be emulated with &nbsp;...

Quote:
What about the WIDTH attribute on a <P> element inside a <BLOCKQUOTE> element? Is it ignored? Or are <p> elements just not allowed within <blockquote> elements?
I believe it was just ignored, as if the text were directly inside the <BLOCKQUOTE>, with no intervening <P>.

That is, of course, with hand-written pseudo-HTML code, converted to mobipocket directly with MobiPerl. Whatever kindlegen does with the source format, I don't know.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote