View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #20
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
thank you, Department of Recursiveness Department, batch processing works ! i have imp versions of all Harry's Austen books now, just cleaning up the code a little bit and fixing the illustrations before uploading them.

a question about that : i put all my mobi files to be converted in the mobi2imp\bin directory in my system drive (where the .bat file is), but i have the impression that the "installer" doesn't so much "install" as "uncompress" the file...
NOOOOOOOO!

The installer is just a smart uncompressor! I assume (wrongly so in your situation and JSWolf's situation) that the home directory will be "C:\Program Files\Mobi2IMP". Moving the program, GUI, bin directory will most certainly break this setup!

The problem is that the 'Mobi2IMP.exe' in the bin directory (the work-horse routine!) is not placed in your path by the installer.

If YOU place 'Mobi2IMP.exe' in another directory in your path (or add "C:\Program Files\Mobi2IMP\bin"; to your path), then you can call the (recursive) batch file from anywhere! Just put the 'prc2imp.bat' in the directory where your .prc files reside (NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. That is like "Letting the mountain come to Mohammad!").

Quote:
so, if i wanted to do this work on a different drive (i like to leave my system drive exclusively for my system), can i just move the entire mobi2imp directory ? or should i only move the .bat and .exe files to the directory with my mobi files ? or should i reinstall it to the I drive ? or ???
as above, I wanted to make it simpler for novices to use, hence, rely on a forced home directory for just the 'Mobi2IMP.ini' (remembered) options file. To move this to a different drive/directory, and use the GUI, you need to retain the Mobi2IMP and Mobi2IMP\bin directory structure and expect your 'Mobi2IMP.ini' to ALWAYS reside in "C:\Program Files\Mobi2IMP". This is hard coded into the GUI (as I couldn't get it to work otherwise)!

Quote:
as for "don't get me started" on BookDesigner program... seriously ! that thing makes some wacky code... what's up with the open <p> tags before the images, but no closing p tag... or the double tags like <i><i> (...) </i></i> ?? why ??

i've been following the thread about writing a new ebook creation tool, i really hope they do it...

in the meantime, i should have enough to keep me busy with eBookPublisher and mobi2imp...
I've got company on that anti-BD wagon....

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-23-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: fixed typos
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote