View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 11:23 AM   #196
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Real pirates just screen capture and OCR, or more often use an ARC of the paperback, chop spine, scan, OCR.
Not any more. Now they just deDRM retail copies and upload them. Scanning and OCR-ing is still done with PDF, but no longer with ordinary ebooks.

Before you ask how I know, yes, I've visited a couple of well-organized pirate sites, because it's easy to see new and interesting releases sorted by genre there, with synopsis and all. Much easier than on any regular bookstore sites. Of course I then go and buy the books, once I've found something to my liking. Some of those webpages don't even store the files themselves, only link to them on various shady file-sharing sites. But I like the way they organize their releases.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote