View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #13
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
I've regularly used OOo to convert documents to PDF for my iLiad. I've got a template set up with the right page size and a font I like, and it's easy to paste in HTML or RTF or whatever. If I'm getting books from Baen, I routinely get the RTF version and turn it into an iLiad PDF.

Having said that, I've recently switched to Softmaker Office 2008, which, while it costs money (not much compared to MS products, and student discounts are available), is rather speedier than OOo, has equally good PDF export, and is more compatible with .doc files than OOo.
I like OpenOffice 3.0, but I love Softmaker Office. I use it in my business, and have written several thousand professional appraisal documents with it since 2003. It is fast, full-featured, looks good, and you can even run the damn thing from a thumb drive.

Tim
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote