View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 02:08 PM   #4
haertig
Guru
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Sansa Clip v2 Rockbox (audiobooks)
Several months (a year?) ago I was experimenting with using only one large MP3 file as opposed to multiple files. I even asked about peoples thoughts about that practice, here on MR. But I largely abandoned that after playing with it for a while. After one time where I accidentally lost my place in the book, and was forced to scroll and scroll and scroll to re-find my last location. That probably wouldn't have been much of a problem on an Android of iOS based audiobook player with their multiple bookmarking capabilities, but it was not fun on my old Sansa Clip player. You can indeed set multiple bookmarks with Rockbox firmware on the Sansa, but alas, I had not been doing that at the time.

So, in summary, I am back to using multiple MP3 files now. But may move back to single files later, as I hone my skills and technique.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote