View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 10:57 AM   #41
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
A book journal has certainly made a difference to me ... I've been keeping one for about 12 years now. I have been fascinated to discover how my memory and my journal sometimes part ways over some books.

I, too, really enjoyed The Woman in White and The Moonstone. Not only is the perspective a little different in these books, but the whole structure, indeed, sometimes even the sentence structure, is unusual to a modern eye (Collins sometimes gets a bit adventurous with his punctuation). I think it was for this reason I didn't find the books particularly fast reads, but I was very impressed with how he made each narrator seem real and individual.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote