View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 07:19 PM   #5
MarjaE
Evangelist
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story HD and Amazon Kindle DX
No, these are ones I'd bought from Bundles of Holding.

I already converted jpx to Kindle-readable formats and removed passwords, etc. It may be an issue with technically-readable but oversized images. Unfortunately trying to compress or remove images occasionally leads to mis-scaled pages, with only the lower left corner showing, missing pages, etc.

I use the following /bin/bash shell script in Mac automator, passing input as arguments:

for f in "$@"
do
suffix="-converted.pdf"
base=`basename "$f" .pdf`
outputfile=$base$suffix
/usr/local/bin/gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -sstdout=%sstderr -dNOPAUSE -dQUIET -dBATCH -sOutputFile="$outputfile" "$f"
done

I know the syntax is different in the regular terminal.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote