View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 11:09 AM   #67
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I'd say that shoehorning is a feature of the theme system.

A genre explicit system means argument over "it isn't really <whatever>", but the double-labelled theme system means that a person can - if they want - find a way to squeeze in what they want on one label or another. I think we are seeing a lot of that this month, with people concentrating on "quest". And, let's face it, there aren't too many fiction books that could not be construed as a quest of some sort, but perhaps the surprise this month is the number of non-fiction nominations.

I specifically changed away from non-fiction when I saw the others coming up because I like to see some variety in the nominations. This is, I think, another feature of the theme system: everything month we get a good variety of books to investigate and that's really what I come here for.
I expected this month's theme to generate a ton of SF and fantasy and I'm surprised it didn't.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote