View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
MarjaE
Evangelist
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story HD and Amazon Kindle DX
Tools to test pdf compatibility and speed?

I variously use k2opt with -mode copy and -dev dx and Ghostscript with -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 to pre-process pdfs for my Kindle Dx.

I sometimes use k2opt with -mode copy and sometimes -dev dx and then OCRmypdf with -f --output-type pdfa-1 to find readable text on pdfs without it or with corrupt text.

I occasionally use PDF to EPUB+, but it can screw up formatting, and it is a hassle if I need to cite page numbers.

I used to use Ghostscript with more aggressive options, but it would lose pages.

These tools *should* cover compatibility with the Kindle Dx, but Ghostscript sometimes yields very fast pdfs... and sometimes very slow ones that take several minutes to turn a page... forcing me to turn to k2 after all.

Is there any easy way to check for compatibility issues, missing or corrupt text, malformed pages, and/or speed?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote