View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #12
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes, the ingenuity of authors in finding inconvenient ways to present their material continues to impress me!

The old type-setter's maxim was 'Set what you're sent'. I guess we have to extend this now with 'check that you're seeing what they THINK they sent'.

Sometimes we're sent what seems an illogical, inconsistent selection of line breaks and spacing, indents, paragraph margins etc. SOMETIMES this is all part of the author's deeply logical (to him) intention. I must admit to often chancing that it isn't :-) Occasionally the job gets sent back. Not often.

And, although I tend to add missing full stops, I leave the author's apostrophes alone - however much they make me wince.

Last edited by exaltedwombat; 04-25-2019 at 12:49 PM.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote