View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 03:38 AM   #32
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
The White Queen sounds interesting. Thanks for the recommendation. I had forgotten that I also read A Secret Alchemy by Emma Darwin many years ago. This book reimagines the story from the Woodville family’s perspective. I remember nothing about it, but Goodreads tells me that I gave it 2 stars. I have no idea why I rated it that low, but it may appeal to some people.
I won't go so far as recommendation yet. I'm just starting it today (the first step of which was realising I'd somehow managed to turn Beaufort into Beaumont in my head , which I only realised when studying the family tree before I started reading). But yes, I do think it sounds interesting. I am curious to see how what I learn from this compares to what you learned from the Alison Weir version.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote