View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 04:17 PM   #107
Dazrin
There's my cookie!
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
Yes. Theodore Sturgeon was a very gifted writer who had an extraordinary imagination and a profound humanity. Still, I’m not sure that I agree that he was a “superior writer”. At her best (e.g. The Tombs of Atuan) LeGuin had a very disciplined style and a philosophical depth which achieved great emotional power and I think she equalled Sturgeon at those moments.
Yes, The Tombs of Atuan is my favorite book of hers, although I haven't read a lot of them, not even all the Earthsea ones.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote