View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Advanced ebook formatting tips

Elsi said she was interested in refining her ebook creation skills, so I decided to start this thread so we can share our best techniques. This thread is open to everyone. If you do something that you don't see here, post it.

When I make an ebook, I may start in Book Designer, but I always save as html becuase I prefer to work directly with the html. I think this produces the best ebook.

The first file is an example of how I do chapter headings. Open the file in a text editor, and note the page break, anchor, and the tags. If you add this file to a Mobi ebook, the code will work. I'm told it will also work with Epub, but I haven't tested it.

The second file is a title page. This goes as the first file in the ebook or at the very beginning of the only file. Note that there is a page break at the end; this is what makes it a page.

P.S. I only started using proper html today (before I was using nonstandard Mobi crap), so these files are not exactly perfect. You may want to tweak them so they look good to you.

P.P.S. I'd like to thank zelda for showing me the correct html, and Joshua Tallent for his book Kindle Formatting: The Complete Guide.
Attached Files
File Type: zip examples.zip (794 Bytes, 2482 views)
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote