View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 06:01 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphiresilver View Post
I use my kindle oasis 2 with exclusively sideloaded books. I load what I want through Calibre (my books are in the old MOBI format, but you will probably want to use the more advanced AZW3 format). I don't use collections and none of my books sync with any other device or kindle app. I use a metadata plugboard in Calibre to put the series name in the title on any book that is sent to my kindle (it ends up Series 01 - Title) to make it easier for me to read a series in order. The indexing can be a bit of a drain on the battery, but shouldn't be too bad if you don't load hundreds of books at once.
You really don't want to load hundreds of eBooks on a Kindle in one go. If just one will not index, you then have to figure out which one. That's why you should only load in small batches that you can keep track of in case of an indexing issue.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote