View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 10:41 PM   #1896
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstone View Post
Is there any way to backup the customization? The last time I did it was when I first installed the plugin, I think in 2013. I don't remember all the steps I took, but I remember it took some time to get everything just right.
You could try looking through the customization of the driver prior to removing it or you could copy the .py file to a different folder and look at it with a text editor as you check the customization after the driver install. Most of my customization consisted of setting up the save template and I have that duplicated in the standard KoboTouch driver so didn't worry about losing anything.

An alternative might be to delete only the .py.json file and see if the customization from the .py file is propagated to the new .py.json file when you restart calibre after installing the updated driver. I haven't tested this procedure though it seems somewhat logical that it would work. Just tried this and the .py.json file was recreated when I opened the driver customization. As far as I could tell, the few customizations I use were copied over.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-26-2019 at 10:45 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote