View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 07:32 PM   #3
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone XR, iPad mini 5, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
My MBP running Big Sur (upgraded from Catalina and Mojave) reports System as about 16GB.

I'm pretty sure it calculates that amount from stuff in "~/Library" too which can get filled with stuff from 3rd party applications, in particular the caches folder.
Yep that sounds much closer to what I would expect, somewhere between 15GB and 35GB. I donít think Iíve installed any apps lately, but Iíll check the cache anyway. There might be some duplicate files too.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote