View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 10:19 PM   #242
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why do we need a USB safety tester? I don't buy cheap generic USB chargers. I buy known brands.
Umm... Jon, one acquaintance blew their ereader using an LG phone charger. Evidently the negotiation did not work happily and his ereader was treated to a 12V charging voltage at potentially 25W. Of course, LG is not a well known brand.

BTW, the USB tester I picked up is more of a X shape with USB A and USB C input/output ports and a switch to allow interrupting the power connection. Possibly not the best $25 I spent but still a worthwhile purchase.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-21-2020 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added comment about USB tester
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote