View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #21
K. Molen
Addict
K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 3, Nexus 10, Nexus 5
I rediscovered reading because of my Kindle. Starting when I was a kid and continuing into my late teens I read a lot. I'd read in restaurants, when out for walks, in the car, in bed, at the breakfast table... you get the idea.

As I entered my early twenties I kind of fell out of the habit. Oh, sure, I'd pretty much always have a book going, but generally I'd only read before bed (and often not even then) or when on vacation. On average I probably worked my way through 3-4 novels a year. This went on for a good decade.

Then I bought my Kindle. In the first year I read 35 novels and a handful of short stories. Perhaps not as many as most people here, but a tenfold increase compared to previous years.

I don't know what it is about the Kindle that made me rediscover the joy of reading. Portability is part of it, me being a gadget lover is another part, and internet communities like this one is one more.

Whatever the reason, I'm very happy to be back in the fold. I don't know what I was thinking ever leaving it.
K. Molen is offline   Reply With Quote