View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #24
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
I haven't used skype myself much, but my wife's mother uses it extensively, particularly for LD calls, and has a phone number associated with her account. She really likes it and has no issues calling or receiving calls from Cell's or land based lines.

As for SMS, I'm not sure; is email not a viable alternative? (most phones that can do SMS should be able to do email...)

I'd expect the note2 to be around $200 via 3 year contract; Note1 comes in at $99 around here.
Skype, with a subscription (quite cheap) will allow you to have a number associated with your account that anyone can call from a regular phone, let you send and receive SMS and call phone numbers. Only problem AFAIK is that you need wireless or a data plan to initiate calls.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 09-13-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote