View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
Algiedi
Overenthusiastic Noob
Algiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I think this is an area where you shouldn't judge after looking at pictures but try it out in real.
You're quite right - unfortunately the Kobo is the only one I can get my hands on in a shop nearby, and I always read with envy post about people trying out models "IRL."
But I've just made a little T1 paper model to test it out and I can confidently say that my feeble right thumb cannot reach all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
If you want to do something good for your own industry, then you should have a look at the Cybook Opus. You can use this reader normally out of the box or turned down by 180 degrees. In one case you have all the buttons on the right side, in the other they are on the left side. But of course, the Opus doesn't have a touch screen, if this criteria is so important for you.
Touch screen is definitely NOT important - actually I'd avoid touch screen devices if I could since the responsiveness and reliability seem to be kind of an issue but the choices are getting limited).
The Cybook Opus is an interesting alternative (although the advertised "2 weeks autonomy" made me giggle a little) but I'm really looking for ease of use and flexibility, i.e. either buttons on both sides or in the middle.

I might be ready to get a Nook ST on ebay (or wait for an international version) but the pics are ambiguous and I'm not sure whether it sports side buttons or decorative ridges...
Algiedi is offline   Reply With Quote