View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #8
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I see youngsters (20's) reading ebooks on the bus. I suspect they tend to use mobile phones, so it's tougher to always tell if they're reading a book, or a blog. Fellow airplane passengers tend to be older (40+), gender I find evenly divided among all ages.
ahh. In my country, if I see anyone using mobile phones no matter where they are: on bus, or at public places, or in class... they're certainly surfing the Internet, texting, blogging, playing games... everything but reading We don't have the "reading culture" here in my country. What do we do on the bus? We youngsters listen to music or texting, the others drift in and out of sleep. Reading is a rare thing to see, at least in public places. Of course it's different in the libraries, bookstores and on the planes, where magazines and newspapers are stacked in front of you and there's plenty time to do nothing but staring at the clouds.

I only saw one Vietnamese reading in a public place once, using her smart phone. In my entire life

So far I'm the youngest
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote