View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #11
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I would not personally buy an extended warranty. I've been using hand-held electronic gizmos since the mid 1980s, and have never broken one yet. Unless you consider yourself to be a careless person, I honestly think they're a waste of money.
Not necessarily. Things could go wrong from just wear and tear. I had a Sony 700 for a little over a year where the power port suddenly failed and the device was out of warranty. I think it had eventually loosened from use and was no longer making a connection so I could not charge the device with any wall charger. Sony said it would cost me over $100 for them to send me a "refurbished" unit but by that time they were no longer making the 700, so I would not only be getting a used device, but be getting a different model device, which did not have the backlight built into it, which was a big selling point with me. If I had known then about the Square Trade warranty, I would have received a check to buy a brand new unit, which I would have used to buy the NC, incidentally, since it has all the features I want and more.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote