View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #10
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I don't know where you read that. The Kindle operating instructions say:
"Operating temperature — 32°F to 95°F (0°C to 35°C).
Storage temperature — 14°F to 113°F (-10°C to 45°C)."
the spec i quoted is for the eInk. http://www.eink.com/sell_sheets/pear...ll%20sheet.pdf

If the OP is not planning to use the kindle for a long time, I think it's OK to store it in the fridge but not a necessary one, as long as it's properly insulated in the fridge and warmed up before taking it out of the plastic bag to avoid condensation. Definitely not a good idea if you're planning to do this on a regular basis.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote