View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
JoeH
JoeH began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader PRS-500 and PRS-600
Touch screen capability suddenly lost

After nearly three months of trouble-free operation, my PRS-600 suddenly lost its touch screen capability, totally disabling the reader. Everything else worked, including full access by USB and the Sony Library, and any screen options that are displayable by simply pressing the options key. Neither a soft reset nor other frozen screen remedies described in this forum worked, althoough I don't have my mains charger with me. The screen never really froze. I even saved all my reader documents on Sony's Library and then did a hard reset, but was stopped at the touch screen calibration routine. The screen doesn't acknowledge tapping at any location.

I'm away from home on travel which limits options, but it seems the only option now left is to claim warranty repair when I get home, before the 90 day warranty expires. Bummer. I was depeeding on the treader during this trip. I hate to lose what until this afternnon had been an outstanding reader.

Has anyone else run into this problem? The PRS-600 hasdbeen providing outstanding service until this occured.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote