View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom34spartan View Post
Good Afternoon,

This may be a silly question, but is there a way to show the "GB" size of a book in the master screen? I want to use this to know how many books I can put on my MP3 player as well as my flash drive. I have the formula to calculate by hand, but would like to have it available when deciding which books I want to add to my MP3 player and I won't get the message "not enough room on unit to transfer this file". I don't really know how to make new columns that generate information from another column and I have no idea what the plugin would be called if there is one. Thanks.
If MB is OK and you only have one format then maybe no need for new column - right click column title row, select Show Column, select Size, see 1st attachment

You may want to drag the column over to the left if its out of sight to the right.

If you have multiple formats then I think it displays total size of all files. I don't know how to show the size of a specific format in the main book list, but you can see them in the Edit metadata screen - see 2nd attachment

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 2013-07-08 , 12_59_27.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	107884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	107885  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote