View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #62
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HectorHugo View Post
So, if the display issue in BRISS could be resolved (i.e. scaling of the pdf pages at different screen resolutions) then this would probably be the fastest/best method for transferring technical PDFs to the Sony Ereaders...
I think i miss something here. I want to clarify the two problems I see:
a) Screen resolution of your computers screen is relevant only when dealing with big pages (so that you might have to scroll, and therefore it might be better to place them side by side)
b) Remaining margins through differing aspect ratio between ebook-reader-display and manually draw crop rectangle will not be manageable by software. The best thing I could do is to set a fixed aspect ratio for the crop rectangles...

I sold my PRS 600 a while ago (to much glare) so I'm just not familiar with its pdf rendering capabilities and it would be good to explain the problem in more detail to me.

thx,
Gerhard
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote