View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 08:35 PM   #63
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgus View Post
PDF support is really nice but unfortunately there is no zoom function. Many pdf files I tried had small text and only with zoom I can read it. Neither landscape helped.

Is there any zoom function for pdf files which I haven't found ?
Looks to me they have just ported DX features to K2 (except K2 doesn't have hardware support to auto adjust orientation). So no zoom, no text reflow (no ADE/ePub/ACS...). At least now DX and K2 are on par in terms of their PDF support, or lack thereof.

As a K2 owner, that's welcome and useful enough, and will keep me from considering purchase of a non-Kindle dedicated reading device for the foreseeable future. Ultimately I believe I'll prefer a general-purpose, tablet device of some sort (Android, Windows7, or Apple) but I am going to be patient about choosing one.

I plan to create my own PDFs, formatted for K2's screen size. Mostly I want this so I can read non-Latin scripts on there (primarily Russian), and possibly some music stuff (chord charts, 'fake' book stuff etc.).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote