View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #163
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedenim View Post
Thanks for the instructions I might just give this a go. Also as the card is being tweaked in Linux would that also be a good time to remove the other bloat like the INQ apps etc. or is this best done in Android?
Either has the same result, but I would suggest testing it either way before screwing the back down. It's been long enough that I don't remember which apps did it, but some things that I thought were bloatware were required for boot. Removing one (or more) of them also triggered a factory reset a few boots later. The first time I just thought I got unlucky, but it happened again after the same deletes. I think it was the OTA downloader that did it, but I didn't take the time to figure it out for sure. I ended up just removing the most obvious ones (INQ apps, YouTube, Facebook...) and the main Kobo app so I could sideload updates (the Kobo app from Google Play works fine once it's on the Vox, but the Vox is blacklisted from downloading it).
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote