View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #15
EditorOne
Jus' Learnin'
EditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toys

Device: none
Hey, Guys,
Just when I thought it was getting better . . . Well, you know . . .

Never did really solve the issue of my epubs not working on my Nook or in ADE in terms of the layout. It's interesting, that the same epub (created on Sigil) that will convert to mobi or azw via KindlePreviewer will turn out perfect on Kindle devices, won't work on an epub device.

Checked for missing semicolons and other issues in my stylesheet, but as a newbie, I'm sure there are things I haven't quite figured out. But even with all the semi-colons in their proper place, still no dice.

Tried something new: I took my mobi file (created by KindlePreviewer/KindleGen) and went to www.online-convert.com. Converted it from mobi to epub. Guess what! When I put it on my Nook device, it was perfect!!!

So far, so good, right? But no, let's throw in the next issue.

I had to go back through the epub file--which was lovely and the stylesheet only had a handful of Calibre codes (unlike the conversion done on Calibre, which had almost 200!!--I know, I know . . . I still don't know how to produce a clean file with a clean stylesheet . . .). I needed to do some typo repairs and spacing repairs, etc., with Sigil. When I did the check with Sigil, I got the following message (for EVERY h2 in the document): attribute 'data-AmznRemoved' is not declared for element 'h2'. I had seen this in the code view, but didn't know what to make of it.

I am removing all of those elements from the code and will probably do the same procedure (convert to mobi via KPreviewer, followed by convert to epub via the online converter) to see what happens next.

Any ideas??? (anybody know where I can buy a stylesheet that fits my client's very complicated layout???)
EditorOne is offline   Reply With Quote