View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #12
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjurkes View Post
in what way?

I can put device into usb downloader mode, but after that just stays there.
I didn't messed with my device before, so what may be the problem?

EDIT: This post is obsolete. The problem was caused by testing inside a Virtual Machine instead of on real hardware (see below). It's kept for reference.

There's nothing you can do to make it progress, because this situation is not expected to happen, so the program just waits indefinitely. When booting a device into fastboot mode, it is expected to end up there

But you can do something to help out, namely:
- reproduce the situation. You can just reboot the LiveCD, and perform the same steps again, and you should be getting into the same situation.
- switch to the second console (Press ALT+F2), then login there.
- enter "lsusb", and press ENTER
- post its output here. What's really important is the parts after the "ID" entries, so if you're "manually copying" stuff, you can ignore the Bus and Device output.

When entering fastboot mode, a device with ID 1949:d0d0 is expected to show up, but maybe that is different on your Kindle. Please post the lsusb output.

Last edited by ixtab; 02-17-2013 at 03:56 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote