View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #65
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
Name one phone under 4.5" with 2gig of ram, quad-core processor etc?

The simple fact of the matter is that android manufacturers basically only really have price and specs to differentiate themselves from each other so there is the obvious march to providing bigger and bigger screens because it is one of those features that is much easier to demonstrate in stores.
The point about the card slot obviously applies more to "storage" than memory. So maybe memory isn't on par in smaller screen phones. I don't know and am too lazy this morning to do a search. But here's a good question -- does a smaller screen need to have as much ram and processing power? I was under the impression it didn't. And, at any rate, my point still stands -- in terms of storage, some of the options on smaller screen phones today beat those on the "phablets."

And no matter what, if people don't want larger screen phones, they aren't going to buy them. They don't buy phones today based primarily on RAM and processors. Those are secondary considerations. Screen size, ecosystem and the version of a mobile OS are all bigger factors. So the idea that people are buying larger screen phones just because manufacturers are ramming them down their throats I think is pretty silly.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote