View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #38
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulseLuper View Post
geekmaster; maybe this problem comes from the tiny diferences on 600x800 and 608x800 ? if its that , could you fix this up maybe ?

thanks !
No time now... I have developed methods (from scratch) and provided examples with source code, so you guys can learn how to do this stuff too. Learn it.

A good place to start is by looking at my scripts (and others based on them) in the "eink algorithmic art scripts" thread that adapt to the screen resolution. They use a variable referred to as "stride" for distance in bytes between adjacent vertical pixels. See how they do it. Those scripts work on DX/DXG/K3/K4main/K4diags/K5main/K5diags. The main and diags boot modes actually use the framebuffer differently, so I had to compensate for that. And DX/DXG/K3 use two pixels per byte.

EDIT: A good way to start learning how to write scripts is to take a working script that interests you (such as the algorithmic art scripts that draw to the framebuffer) and make little changes to them and debug your changes, then make progressively bigger changes. Be sure to publish (back to the art scripts thread, or wherever most appropriate) anything interesting that you create. It is not necessary to create a bunch of new threads when appropriate existing threads can be added to with relevant new stuff.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-28-2012 at 05:16 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote