View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #86
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
I can't help but wonder if Catcher in the Rye, Huckleberry Finn and Lord of the Flies would be categorized as young adult if they were published today (since their protagonists are all young). Its really kind of insulting to both young people and older people. Somehow because I am in my forties, I can't be interested in a story about someone who is a teen (or younger), likewise, a teenager can't be interested in a story about a 40 something?

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote