View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #16
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
I worry about the contrast as well...last thing that I think anyone would want to see are washed out dull screen colors.

I guess depends on the tech for the given panel. Most significantly if they use a true black in the color's used. A true white matters as well. But like you say a black produced only via color "mixing" will likely be a poor result, but I feel if it uses a true black to augment the likely needed mixed black needed to fill in the whole cell/pixel then it likely would be fine and nothing our eyes would differentiate.

Still, it's all new and we'll see...but this a nice move forward...
I expect that they will use a true black, since I don't think you can mix other colours to produce black. However, if they introduce new coloured pixels among the black ones, then the latter will cover less area than before, and so, the "black" will look washed out. I suppose they could replace the "white" side with the colours, so that the black will be as dark as it is now, but then the "white" will be a darker grey, and the contrast will suffer again.

As you say, we'll have to wait and see, but it's fun to guess.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote