View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #175
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
This has been a bit difficult for me because I had tech problems--with four machines in our house you would think that we would have one that both supported booting from USB (so I could run Linux that way) and had a card reader (so I could create an SD card). I finally figured out how to make my netbook do that and I am good to go.
Kobo should hire taming as a devel staff! I cannot remember anyone
handling four dedicated nodes to debug process! Not even pretty se-
rious guys on openbsd lists.

If I could give an advice, booting linux from usb adapter is equivalent
to booting from cd drive. It only matters till the kernel loads. If node
has 2 usb adapters, here it goes. One for usb stick with firmware ima-
ge (zipped or whatever) and later for usb card reader. It is only impor-
tant to recall how devices were named. (/dev/sda1 etc)

It is a bit late now, but I'd like to know how kobo chose beta testers.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote