View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #15
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
You should carefully check the reviews.
The are reports about screen protectors having done some harm. Some of the "cheap ones" seem to have aggressive adhesives and leave residue on the screen.
Thank you for this info, mgmueller.

I actually don't plan to get a screen protector. After finding out that the Kindle screen is made of glass, not scratch-prone plastic, I don't feel the need for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Yes, I don't touch the screen of the Kindle because there's no need to. The Oberoncover has a soft wool felt protection on the innerside of the cover.(if it is closed).
I'm always a bit finicky with those things, but for some reason screencovers and I just don't get along. I can't manage to put it on without airbubles or wrinkles. Tried to with my iPad, because that has a touchscreen.
Perhaps that's the other reason I don't use it on the Kindle.
Ditto for me, desertblues. I have spent some frustrating times trying to put a screen protector on a few devices, such as my cell phone, but I just don't have the manual dexterity I guess! I end up removing them and wasting my money. Another reason I am glad the Kindle doesn't require one!

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote