View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 01:29 PM   #69
ametzler
Zealot
ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHaze View Post
I have read many books over this last year (including the first six Malazan books) and I have come to the annoying conclusion that I have loved none of them. I liked some of them, I really liked a few of them (Tigana, Memories of Ice, Midnight Tides) but not loved.

So I am looking for recommendations! I want something I will look forward to reading at night, not something to merely help me sleep.[...]
Hello,

I can give a strong recommendation on the Steerswoman series. Jo Walton has a very nice description on how the books feel on her blog without giving spoilers.

The only real downside is that the series is yet unfinished (and will stay that way for a couple of years). I usually hate that a lot (it is why I stopped reading Games of Thrones) but it did not bother me that much here. Each of the novels has a real conclusion. Also the series concentrates on one main character instead of jumping around.

cu Andreas
ametzler is offline   Reply With Quote