View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I generally give them a series number anyway, sorted by their publication date because that's usually the order in which you want to read them.

If some of the books in the series have a series number but others don't, it's more complicated. In that case, I use the series number to order the books by publication date and my custom subseries column to indicate the official series order.

A good example are Steven Gould's "Jumper" books. There are three books that are part of the the "official" series, and two other related stories. In my library they would be ordered like this:

Jumper: Series = Jumper [1], Subseries = Jumper [1]
Reflex: Series = Jumper [2], Subseries = Jumper [2]
Griffin's Story: Series = Jumper [3], (no subseries)
Shade: Series = Jumper [4], (no subseries)
Impulse: Series = Jumper [5], Subseries = Jumper [3]
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote