View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #101
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
I just checked Target, and, they too, have no 950 or 650 on their website. They list ONLY the 350. So, again, your claims of anecdotal evidence to the contrary not withstanding, it does seem like it's becoming harder and harder to procure a 650 or a 950 from any retailer OTHER than Sony direct.

I also just did a google search and at least on the first two pages, there isn't a single result citing ANY major retailer with stock OTHER than the 350.

Office Depot: Older PRS300 and 600 ONLY.
Dell.Com: ONLY 350 in stock
Newegg: ONLY 350 in stock

I could go on, but, it's redundant, and the results are similar. Nobody has the 650 or 950 in stock, which, once again, is evidence that it's possible that Sony is closing up US distribution channels for their ereaders. Further evidence is the fact that they ARE available at SonyStyle.com, which means it's not really an issue with supply. Although, even there (SonyStyle) there are no covers for the 950 and only less than desireable colors for the other readers.

There is no blue cover for the 350 at all. Even the one listed is listed as out of stock. Which is another point nobody has mentioned. Normally, they list them as backordered or out of stock. Which further leads me to believe that if the cover is not listed at all, they are no longer carrying it.

Last edited by Japes; 06-09-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote