View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 04:21 AM   #71
Timboli
Evangelist
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
I have a Kobo and a Kindle and the Kobo is leaps and bounds ahead of the Kindle in usability and for being user friendly.
That must be a relatively recent change, as it certainly wasn't the case about 4 or so years ago ... at least for me.

That said, a Kindle, due to the price of ebooks at Amazon (in comparison), was always going to be my primary device, and any other device secondary.

What my Kindle or other ebook devices lack though, is usually made up for on the PC, with calibre etc, as the device for me is primarily the ereader. I don't use it much to browse casually, as I generally already have a pre-determined destination in mind.

So long as the device feels good in my hands, looks and feels well-made, has a decent protective and user friendly cover, is easy to read day or night, remembers its last location, contains all the ebooks I desire it too, I am happy enough. Anything else is just a bonus.

That's not to say I wouldn't appreciate improvements, the main one for me being a color e-ink device. Far better battery life. Large storage. Sub-folder collections one or two levels would also be great. Outside of those, the next major one for me, is making the ereader less of a device (tech toy) and more like a book.

Last edited by Timboli; 05-14-2019 at 04:30 AM.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote