View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 09:00 PM   #24
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10th Gen Paperwhite, Oasis, Voyage, original Paperwhite, Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
The risk of nominating a real favourite here is having the discussion trample over something you love. (And books can become something very personal.) There are some books where I don't want to talk about their faults; all books have them, but sometimes I just don't care.
I've now reached a point in my life where I can just let it slide off me. Because? I just don't care. I love certain books, and I offer them up to my friends as possibilities. Sometimes they like them, some times they do NOT. c'est la vie. I rejoice when they like them, I remember when they don't so that I'm less likely to suggest a similar to them. And, I might add, the same thing happens in reverse. Sometimes my friends suggest a book and it's "Wow". Other times? Not so much. But I don't hold it against them, and I always encourage others to suggest books. It's how I discover new books, genres and authors.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote