View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #11
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Because different pages can sometimes need different margins. Think of dedication pages or other head matter.
ok - so you could manually edit the @page values for specific parts of a book after calibre has added them e.g. by editing the epub with sigil.

but next time you run the book through calibre - say to get a .mobi version - it's going to re-insert the default code into every file ?

or am I misunderstanding, still ?

( I did partially test this - I removed all the @page stuff from a book with sigil , saved , then re-converted epub to epub with calbre , & saw that it has all been put back again. i did epub to epub to that I could re-examine the output file code. For real, I'd be wanting to do e-pub to mobi. I did not test the effect of altering some of the margin values in some of the files only though )
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote